GWC Injury Lawyers LLC obtained more than $8.5 million in verdicts and settlements for its clients in May 2022.
54 Cases Resolved in May
GWC successfully resolved 54 cases in the month of May, with over $7.4 million secured for third-party personal injury lawsuits and over $1.1 million for workers’ compensation claims. Some of the firm’s most notable May results included:
- A settlement in excess of $4 million for a temporary labor client who sustained multiple finger amputations while operating a power press at a fabrication plant.
- The entire $1 million insurance coverage available for the family of a three-year-old boy killed in a house fire. Attorney Autumn K. Leslie obtained the full policy limits after the defendant initially denied liability and refused to make a good faith offer.
- A $563,711.57 verdict at trial for a union telecommunications technician who suffered a left rotator cuff tear when he fell down a poorly lit, damaged staircase.
- A trial verdict of more than $527,000.00 for a motorcyclist who was rear-ended by an SUV, which was tendered by the defendant’s insurance company, State Farm, despite there being significantly less in available insurance coverage thanks to GWC’s Bad Faith Demands pre- and post-verdict.
- CONFIDENTIAL SETTLEMENT – $500,000.00 for the family of a 62-year-old man with severe mental disabilities who suffered abuse and neglect at a residential care facility. The man’s guardian claimed that he had been repeatedly abused both physically and emotionally, resulting in visible injuries on his buttocks.
- $220,000.00 for a union electrician who suffered a concussion and post-concussion syndrome after being hit on the head by an improperly mounted door while on a service call.
- A $200,000.00 settlement for a tenant who required back surgery after he tripped over a raised board at the top of the front staircase landing of his apartment building.
- A settlement of $160,000.00 for a shuttle bus driver who was struck by another bus at the airport.
- A $136,742.78 settlement for a union forklift driver who fractured her left elbow when she fell on a defective ramp at a food processing plant.
- $130,000.00, including $39,000.00 in back pay, for a union painter who tore the meniscus of his right knee after he slipped on drywall screws. The case was highly disputed because the client required a total knee replacement, which he received.
GWC also obtained substantial outcomes on behalf of clients working in a variety of other fields, including education, healthcare, masonry, logistics, sales, security, fire rescue, and waste management.
Helping Injured Clients Get Justice in Illinois
With more than $2 billion recovered in verdicts and settlements, GWC Injury Lawyers LLC is one of the leading personal injury and workers’ compensation law firms in Illinois.
For over four decades, GWC has helped innocent people who have been injured in practically every kind of situation, whether because of car or truck accidents, workplace or construction negligence, medical malpractice, nursing home neglect or abuse, dog bites, poorly maintained properties, or defective products.
GWC’s attorneys have been honored with most of the prestigious awards and distinctions available to legal professionals in the state, including “Top Lawyers” from the Leading Lawyers Network, “Super Lawyers” and “Rising Stars” from Chicago Magazine, and “Top 100 Trial Lawyers” from the National Trial Lawyers. Our firm has also received designations from the largest unions in Illinois in recognition of our work on behalf of their members. We have the experience, the determination, the resources, and the reputation you need to get you the justice you deserve if you are the victim of someone else’s negligence.
Contact GWC today to schedule a free, no-obligation consultation with one of our knowledgeable personal injury or workers’ compensation attorneys. You may call our office at (312) 464-1234 or click here to chat with a representative at any time.