While they can be a great way to travel, motorcycles also leave their riders more vulnerable than other methods of transportation. Without a metal frame surrounding you, as in cars and trucks, you can be exposed to direct contact with other vehicles, obstacles, and the road itself. This makes you much more likely to suffer a serious injury in a traffic accident.
Motorcycle accident injuries are often physically and financially devastating. For this reason, it can be helpful to reach out to a lawyer who has years of experience working to get the best results possible for his or her client. This is why many motorcyclists in the Burr Ridge area turn to the Burr Ridge motorcycle accident attorneys at GWC Injury Lawyers LLC, where our trial-tested attorneys have demonstrated for more than four decades that they know how to maximize motorcycle accident verdicts or settlements.
What Causes a Motorcycle Accident?
Motorcycle accidents can occur for any number of reasons. However, in most cases, compensable accidents involve the negligent actions of another driver. These negligent actions can include the following:
- Exceeding the speed limit.
- Veering in front of a cyclist.
- Following a motorcyclist too closely.
- Cutting off a cyclist at an intersection.
- Failing to yield the right of way to a motorcyclist.
- Making an improper left turn.
- Disregarding a cyclist who is changing or entering lanes.
- Operating a vehicle under the influence of drugs or alcohol.
Why Should I Hire a Motorcycle Accident Attorney?
No matter how a motorcycle accident happens, it can be surprising how difficult it can be for an injured motorcyclist to recover compensation. Frequently, the insurance company representing a negligent party will try to downplay that party’s negligence or even deny that that party was at fault in order to limit its financial exposure, especially when motorcyclists represent themselves. An experienced insurance adjuster counts on your inexperience so that he or she can settle your claim for far less than it is worth.
However, while this may be your first motorcycle accident claim, it will not be the first one for the motorcycle accident lawyers at GWC. We know what a claim like yours is worth because we have successfully resolved claims just like it countless times. The sooner you contact us, the sooner we can begin putting together your claim. We are highly skilled at doing everything necessary for your claim, including:
- Maintaining contact with insurance companies;
- Getting the police reports;
- Collecting evidence;
- Taking eyewitness statements;
- Photographing and/or reconstructing the scene of the motorcycle accident;
- Researching the other motorist’s driving history;
- Identifying equipment defects on your motorcycle for a product liability claim;
- Gathering and reviewing medical records; and
- Consulting expert witnesses.
Once GWC has assembled all of the necessary materials, we will fight to obtain maximum compensation from the at-fault party’s insurance company. We can do this better than our competitors because, unlike so many of these competitors, the insurance companies know that we are not afraid to go to court if they fail to offer us top dollar – and we have consistently proven that we can win.
So let our Burr Ridge motorcycle accident attorneys do the hard work on your case so you can focus on the most important thing – recovering from your injuries.
Frequent Motorcycle Accident Injuries
Because motorcycle accident injuries can be serious. Cyclists have little protection compared to other drivers, so motorcycle accident injuries are often life-threatening and may frequently include the following:
- Traumatic brain injury.
- Spinal cord damage.
- Broken bones.
- Road rash.
- Loss of limbs.
What Compensation Is Available?
These types of injuries can require extensive treatment, which can be financially damaging to you and your family, with medical bills piling up at a time when you may be unable to work. With this in mind, it is essential that you are fully reimbursed for your damages. Our motorcycle accident lawyers in Burr Ridge can help you recover compensation for:
- Past and Future Medical Expenses – Bills for emergency room visits, stays in the hospital, diagnostic tests, surgeries, physical therapy, and other treatment directly related to your accident.
- Wage Loss – Wages you would have earned if your motorcycle accident had not forced you off of work.
- Pain and Suffering – Loss of enjoyment in your daily life, such as from limitations on activity, potential reduction of life expectancy, discomfort, and scarring.
- Mental Distress – Damage to your mental and emotional well-being, including your post-traumatic feelings of anxiety, fear, worry, embarrassment, and grief.
- Loss of Consortium – Deprivation to your loved ones of the benefits of a family relationship because of your injuries.
Let GWC Get You the Justice You Deserve
With over $2 billion recovered for our clients in more than four decades in practice, GWC Injury Lawyers LLC is one of the premier Personal Injury and Workers’ Compensation law firms in the state. No other law firm in Illinois is more respected – or more feared – by its adversaries. Our reputation of success both inside and outside of the courtroom allows our attorneys to get you and your family the justice you deserve.
Contact GWC today to schedule a free, no-obligation case evaluation with one of our Burr Ridge motorcycle accident lawyers. You may call our office at (312) 999-9999 or click here to chat with a representative at any time.
Call GWC toll-free
Live Chat available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.