If you are unable to work because of an on-the-job injury in Burr Ridge, you may find yourself overwhelmed with workers’ compensation forms or even unable to pay your bills because you are not receiving your benefits. When faced with this situation, reach out to GWC Injury Lawyers, where we have helped injured Burr Ridge residents for more than forty years by guiding them through the complicated workers’ compensation claims process and aggressively protecting their rights.

You and your family probably have a lot of questions after your work accident. Our workers’ compensation attorneys understand what you are going through because they know Burr Ridge’s labor laws. For decades, GWC has been handling some of the toughest workplace accident claims in Burr Ridge, and we are fully versed in every aspect of the Illinois workers’ compensation system. To schedule a no-cost, no-obligation consultation with a Burr Ridge workers’ compensation lawyer, call our office at (312) 464-1234 or click here to chat with one of our representatives.

When Should I Hire a Workers’ Compensation Attorney?

Nobody expects a work injury. While many people may be aware of workers’ compensation, frequently they do not understand how difficult obtaining benefits can be. Employees who get injured at work need to know their own legal rights and responsibilities, as well as the rights and responsibilities of their employers and their employers’ insurance carriers. For this reason, it is important to contact a knowledgeable workers’ compensation lawyer who can help lead you through the claims process as quickly as possible.

How Long Do I Have to Report My Work Injury?

You should give notice about your work injury or illness to your employer as soon as you can because any delay could place your ability to receive benefits in jeopardy. You may give this notice verbally or in writing. Additionally, you can file a formal claim with the Illinois Workers’ Compensation Commission (IWCC).

Under Illinois, this notice must be given to a boss, a foreman, or some other person acting in a supervisory capacity within 45 days of a work injury. If you fail to report the work injury within this 45-day window, your employer could dispute or deny your claim. If this happens, you could forever lose any benefits to which you may otherwise have been entitled.

In certain cases, such as those in which which you are injured by repetitive trauma over time instead of in one single accident, there could be an exception to the 45-day reporting rule. In these circumstances, you might have 45 days from the point in time that a reasonable person would have become aware of the causal relationship between the fact of the injury and his or her employment to notify your employer.

But while you may have 45 days to report a workplace injury, that does not mean that you should wait 45 days to do so. The longer you take to report a workplace accident or injury, the more easily an employer to dispute your claim, so you should inform your employer about any accident at work as soon as possible, ideally the same day it occurs. An experienced workers’ compensation attorney in Burr Ridge can help you protect your rights during this process.

How Long Do I Have to File a Workers’ Compensation Claim with the IWCC?

There is a three-year statute of limitations for filing a workers’ compensation claim with the IWCC, with certain conditions specified under the Illinois Workers’ Compensation Act. But again, do not delay. As any good Burr Ridge workers’ compensation lawyer would advise you, move as fast as possible to preserve your rights.

What Workers’ Compensation Benefits Can I Receive?

There are generally three main benefits under the Illinois workers’ compensation system that might be available for injured workers:

  • Medical Benefits – Payment for reasonable and necessary medical treatment that relates to a work injury, covered 100 percent by the employer or its workers’ compensation insurance company.
  • Temporary Total Disability (TTD) Benefits – Weekly payments issued by your employer or its workers’ compensation insurance carrier in the event that a doctor has determined that your injury renders you unable to work.
  • Permanent Partial Disability (PPD) Benefits – Compensation for the permanent nature of a work injury based upon which part of the body was injured, paid either as a lump sum or in installments as part of a structured settlement.

 What Other Benefits Could I Receive for My Work Injury?

Depending on your circumstances, you might also be entitled to group health insurance benefits, unemployment compensation, and Social Security and disability benefits.

If you have to change professions because of your physical limitations, you might be eligible to receive vocational training at the expense of your employer or its workers’ compensation insurance carrier.

If a worker dies as a result of an on-the-job injury, the worker’s spouse and/or the dependents may be entitled to certain benefits under the Illinois Workers’ Compensation Act.

Contact an experienced workers’ compensation lawyer in Burr Ridge to obtain a fuller understanding of the potential benefits available.

Who Pays for My Workers’ Compensation Benefits?

The cost of your benefits should be covered either directly by your employer or by its workers’ compensation insurance carrier.

How Are Workers’ Compensation Attorneys Paid?

The Burr Ridge workers’ compensation lawyers at GWC represent clients on a contingency fee basis. Your legal fees and case-related expenses will only be due if we win your case. So when you contact us for a free case evaluation, you truly have no obligation to pay us unless you get paid.

GWC Can Represent You for All Work Injuries

Workplace injuries can be severe, sometimes resulting in long-term or even permanent disability.  This is why every Burr Ridge workers’ compensation attorney knows that workers’ compensation settlements are essential to your recovery. With over forty years in the business, GWC can offer you the reassurance and reliability that only experience brings. On-the-job accidents and injuries can take many forms in Burr Ridge, including:

  • Car Crashes
  • Construction Accidents
  • Heavy Lifting Injuries
  • Electrocution
  • Machinery Malfunctions
  • Repetitive Stress
  • Asbestos Exposure
  • Exposure to Toxic Materials, Chemicals, or Fumes
  • Exposure to Diseases
  • Vision or Hearing Loss
  • Hospital Workplace Injuries

Contact a Workers’ Compensation Lawyer for Help with Your Benefits

No matter where you are in your workers’ compensation process – whether you have recently suffered a work injury, whether you just had your claim denied, even whether you only suspect your pain or illness is from a workplace accident, continuous motion task, or exposure to dangerous materials – contact GWC’s Burr Ridge workers’ compensation attorneys today. We can conduct a free work injury evaluation and advise you on how best to proceed.

Let GWC work as hard as possible on your claim so you can be free to work as hard as possible on getting well again. Call our office at (312) 464-1234 or click here to schedule a no-cost, no-obligation consultation with a Burr Ridge workers’ compensation lawyer.

Call GWC toll-free

Live Chat available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.


Fill out the form to receive
a free case evaluation.

1 Step 1
Nameyour full name
Date of Accident
Location of Accident
Tell us all you can about your injury...
0 /

1000 Burr Ridge Pkwy Suite #203
Burr Ridge, IL 60527