Motorcycles can be a great way to travel. Whether touring the country or simply running errands, going about your day can be so much better in the open air, with the sun shining and the wind at your back. Unfortunately, motorcycles leave their riders more vulnerable than other means of transportation. With no metal frame surrounding you, as in cars and trucks, you are exposed to direct contact with other vehicles, obstacles, and the road itself, so you are much more likely to be seriously injured in a collision.
These injuries can be devastating, both physically and financially, so it helps to have a lawyer with years of experience fighting to get the best possible results for the client. This is why many Chicago riders turn to the Chicago motorcycle accident attorneys at GWC Injury Lawyers LLC. Our trial-tested attorneys have proven they can maximize your settlement or verdict after a motorcycle accident.
Common Causes of Motorcycle Accidents
Motorcycle accidents can happen for any number of reasons, though compensable accidents typically involve the negligent actions of another driver. These negligent actions may include:
- Exceeding posted speed limits.
- Swerving in front of a motorcyclist.
- Following too closely.
- Failing to yield the right of way.
- Making improper left-hand turns.
- Cutting off a motorcyclist at an intersection.
- Disregarding a cyclist entering or changing lanes.
- Driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs.
Why Should I Hire a Motorcycle Accident Attorney?
Regardless of the cause of a motorcycle accident, it may surprise you how difficult it can be for injured riders to recover compensation. Far too often, the insurance companies representing the at-fault parties will try to downplay their liability or even deny it outright in an effort to limit their financial exposure, particularly when motorcyclists represent themselves. Experienced insurance adjusters count on your inexperience, not to mention your physical and mental anguish and financial desperation, so that they can settle your case for pennies on the dollar.
But if this is your first accident, it will not be the first for the seasoned motorcycle accident lawyers at GWC. We know what a case like yours is worth because we have successfully resolved cases just like yours countless times. The sooner you contact us, the sooner we can help build a rock-solid claim. We are adept at doing everything needed for your case, including:
- Communicating with the insurance companies;
- Obtaining police reports;
- Gathering evidence;
- Taking witness statements;
- Photographing and reconstructing the accident scene;
- Investigating the other motorist’s driving history;
- Identifying any equipment defects for a possible product liability claim;
- Reviewing medical records; and
- Consulting experts.
With the right materials assembled, GWC will work to obtain top dollar from the negligent party’s insurance company. We can do this more effectively than our competitors because the insurance companies know that, unlike so many of these competitors, we are not afraid to go to court if they fail to offer fair compensation – and we have proven time and again that we can win.
So let our Chicago motorcycle accident attorneys do the heavy lifting on your case so you can focus on what’s really important – recovering from your injuries.
Common Motorcycle Accident Injuries
And make no mistake, these injuries can be serious. Because motorcyclists have little protection compared to other motorists, motorcycle accident injuries are often life-threatening and may include the following:
- Brain damage.
- Spinal cord damage.
- Fractured bones.
- Road rash.
- Lost limbs.
What Compensation Can I Recover?
Injuries of this nature can require extensive treatment, which can be financially devastating for you and your family, with seemingly endless medical bills coming in at a time in which you may be unable to work. For this reason, it is crucial that you are fully reimbursed for your damages. Our motorcycle accident lawyers in Chicago can help you recover compensation for the following:
- Past and Future Medical Expenses – These may include emergency room visits, hospital stays, diagnostic testing, surgeries, physical therapy sessions, and any other treatment directly related to your accident.
- Lost Wages – Motorcycle accident victims can get paid for wages they would have otherwise earned if the accident had not forced them off of work.
- Pain and Suffering – You may be eligible to receive payment for the loss of enjoyment and ease in your everyday life, including from permanent or temporary limitations on activity, possible shortening of life expectancy, aches, and scarring.
- Mental Distress – Traumatic accidents can seriously impact a victim’s mental and emotional well-being, bringing about feelings of fear, anxiety, worry, embarrassment, and grief.
- Loss of Consortium – An accident victim’s loved ones may also be entitled to payment for deprivation of the benefits of a family relationship as a result of the victim’s injuries.
Let GWC Get You the Justice You Deserve
With over $2 billion recovered for our clients in more than four decades in the business, GWC Injury Lawyers LLC is one of the leading Personal Injury and Workers’ Compensation law firms in Illinois. No firm is more respected – or feared – by its adversaries. Our reputation of success both inside and outside of the courtroom precedes us wherever we go, allowing our attorneys to get you and your family the justice you deserve.
So contact GWC today to schedule a free, no-obligation consultation with one of our Chicago motorcycle accident lawyers. You may call our office at (312) 464-1234 or click here to chat with a representative at any time.
Call GWC toll-free
Live Chat available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.