STEPHEN M. THACKER is a Partner at GWC, where he leads the firm’s General Practice division.
Born into a family of union carpenters and raised in Chicago, Steve brings a unique understanding of the wide range of issues that often arise for all of our clients. He has handled non-injury matters for injured clients since first joining the firm in 1988. In addition, numerous clients who do not have injury cases with GWC have retained him for a variety of legal services, including those related to family law, real estate, and probate.
Steve has vast trial experience with divorce and child custody cases in Cook, Will, DuPage, and Lake Counties. He is also well versed in real estate transactions, including the purchase and sale of properties ranging from residential homes to shopping malls.
Steve has been licensed to practice law in the State of Illinois since 1982 and is a valued asset to the firm.
- Illinois State Bar Association, 1982
- Federal District Court for the Northern District
- Federal District Court for the Southern District
- United States 7th Circuit Court of Appeals
- St. Ignatius High School
- Western Illinois University
- DePaul University College of Law