The dedicated attorneys and staff members at GWC Injury Lawyers LLC have obtained over $3.4 million in total April settlements on behalf of their injured clients.
55 Cases Settled in April 2021
GWC brought 55 cases to a successful resolution in April. The April 2021 settlements included over $1.5 million for third-party injury lawsuits and $1.6 million for workers’ compensation claims.
Some of the noteworthy settlements include:
- $772,500.00 for the family of a 17-year-old driver who was killed in a collision with a semi-trailer that was making an improper left-hand turn.
- $387,001.00 for a union carpenter who required arthroscopic right knee repair after he fell through an unprotected opening at a negligent construction site.
- $190,864.00 for a carpenter who sustained neck and lower back injuries. The amount of the final settlement was more than twice the initial offer.
- $150,000.00 for a union painter who fractured his left ankle when he fell from a ladder while working in the mechanical room at a municipal swimming pool.
- $100,000.00 for a high school librarian who suffered an exacerbation of cervical impairment following a T-bone collision, along with an additional $50,000.00 loss of consortium settlement for her husband, who was not involved in the accident.
- $122,087.15 for a window washer earning a minimum rate of pay who sustained an inoperable lower back injury while lifting a ladder.
- Full six-figure insurance policy limits for an employee at a home improvement center who underwent lower back surgery after an auto accident.
Additionally, GWC achieved positive outcomes for clients working in a wide variety of industries, including aviation, healthcare, logistics, public utilities, food service, and waste management.
Helping Injured People Throughout Illinois
With more than $2 billion recovered in verdicts and settlements, GWC Injury Lawyers LLC has been helping injured people throughout Illinois for over four decades. No other plaintiff firm in the state is more respected – or more feared – by its adversaries, both inside and outside of the courtroom.
If you have been the victim of an automotive crash, a workplace accident, construction negligence, medical malpractice, nursing home abuse, a dog bite, or a defective product, or if you have lost a loved one because of somebody else’s negligence, GWC has probably successfully resolved a case just like yours. Our personal injury and workers’ compensation lawyers have the experience, the determination, the resources, and the reputation of success necessary to get you and your family the justice you deserve.
Contact GWC today to receive a no-cost, no-obligation case evaluation from a knowledgeable injury attorney. You may call our office at (312) 464-1234 or click here to chat with a representative at any time.