Have you suffered an injury as a result of another person’s acts?
GWC Injury Lawyers is proud to house some of the most experienced, passionate, and successful personal injury lawyers in the city of Chicago. We understand the stress, trauma, and often life-altering implications suffered by victims and their loved ones. Our family of attorneys will work tirelessly to restore your life as best as possible after facing an injury of this kind.
A injury does not have to be physical; it could also be psychological – both of which can have detrimental effects on your health and lifestyle. If you have suffered because of the negligence of another party, that party should be held accountable for his or her actions and the trouble they caused you.
We’ve spent over 40 years focusing on this area of practice, which has allowed us to grow into one of the leading personal injury law firms in the state of Illinois. We’ve earned the reputation of aiding our clients in recovering maximum compensation – translating into over $2 billion in settlements and court victories. This is money that rightfully belongs to our clients. Although nothing can reverse what happens to our clients after they are involved in an accident, we are here to help them regain control. If you need help or are uncertain, please fill out our free case evaluation form below, and we will provide our honest professional opinion on what to do next.
GWC Injury Lawyers is one of Chicago’s premier injury law firms, with a leading reputation of aiding our clients in recovering maximum compensation for their injuries. Our Chicago personal injury lawyers are skilled in the practice of personal injury law, with years of knowledge and experience. If you are in need of a Chicago injury attorney, contact us today.
Common Personal Injury Cases
Personal injury cases are those in which an injury, either physical or psychological, was sustained due to the negligence or wrongdoing of another party, such as a person, organization, or company. Common cases include:
- Airplane accidents–In 2020 alone, there were forty accidents involving large commercial passenger airplanes, five of which were fatal, resulting in 299 deaths. If a loved one has been injured or killed in an airplane accident, you might be able to obtain compensation for your loss.
- Airplane injuries–Even in nonfatal airplane accidents, passengers can sustain serious injuries. If this has happened to you or a loved one, you may be eligible to receive compensation.
- Assault–When somebody inflicts intentional harm upon you, that person can be criminally and financially liable for your injuries. To make sure that you receive the compensation you deserve, contact our attorneys today.
- ATV accidents–While an all-terrain vehicle (ATV) can be a fun and useful means of transportation, many people sustain severe injuries in ATV accidents every year. If you have been wrongfully injured in an ATV accident because of somebody else’s negligence, you might be eligible to obtain compensation.
- Birth injuries–To see your infant suffer serious or even deadly injuries during the birthing process is one of the most tragic incidents imaginable. If it is the result of the actions of a medical professional, GWC can help you obtain financial compensation.
- Boating accidents–Boating accidents can result in serious and occasionally deadly injuries, for which you may be eligible to receive compensation if they are the result of another person’s negligence.
- Car accidents–A serious car accident can inflict serious and even fatal injuries for people of any age. If you or a loved one have been harmed in a car accident because of somebody else’s negligent actions, contact us today to discuss whether you can obtain financial compensation.
- Construction accidents–Accidents on construction sites are frequently legally and factually complex. To make sure that you receive the compensation to which you are entitled for a construction accident, contact GWC to identify all of the parties who may be responsible.
- Dog bites–Dog owners in Illinois are responsible for all of the unprovoked injuries that their dogs inflict. GWC can help you obtain the maximum compensation possible for your dog bite injuries.
- Exposure to cancer-causing carcinogens–When you develop cancer because somebody else exposed you to carcinogenic chemicals, contact GWC. We can help get you compensation from the responsible parties.
- False imprisonment–When a person intentionally restricts another person’s movement within any area without legal authority, justification, or permission, that person can be held criminally and civilly liable.
- Injuries caused by defective products–While products promise to make our lives better, defective products can make them so much worse. Our dedicated product liability attorneys can help you obtain compensation from the manufacturers responsible for your injuries.
- Intoxication / Dram Shop–When a vendor overserves somebody alcoholic beverages who later causes injury because of intoxication, that vendor could be held financially liable. GWC can help you pursue them with a Dram Shop claim.
- Medical malpractice–Medical malpractice is one of the most challenging forms of litigation because of the complex details and the aggressive defense approach taken by medical professionals and their insurance carriers. GWC’s team of medical malpractice lawyers has the experience, the reputation, and the resources necessary to handle these types of actions.
- Slander–When someone does you reputational harm by deliberately spreading falsehoods, a knowledgeable attorney can help you obtain compensation for your damages.
- Slip-and-fall accidents–Property owners in Illinois are required to maintain their premises in such a way that an invited visitor does not suffer harm. If they fail to do so, an injured party may be eligible to receive financial compensation.
- Work injury–Employees who sustain injuries while performing the duties of their job are eligible to obtain workers’ compensation benefits in Illinois. To make sure that you receive the maximum amount of benefits possible, contact our dedicated workers’ compensation attorneys today.
- Wrongful death–The loss of a loved one is devastating, especially when it is the result of somebody else’s negligence. GWC can help the deceased’s surviving family members obtain the justice that they deserve.
Do I Have a Personal Injury Case?
Personal injury cases in Illinois come down to two factors: Negligence and Damages.
Negligence is based on the idea that people have a duty to exercise reasonable care in their actions by taking account of the potential harm that they might foreseeably cause to other people. The negligent party in a personal injury case is the one who breached this duty and caused you damages.
Damages in a personal injury case can take many forms, including:
- Physical injuries, such as neck and back pain, cuts, bruises, abdominal trauma, broken bones, eye damage, torn ligaments, scarring, burns, disfigurement, amputations, head and brain trauma, paralysis, and even death.
- Medical bills.
- Lost wages.
- Out-of-pocket expenses, including for medical equipment, childcare, transportation to medical appointments, and home help.
- Pain and suffering.
- Loss of enjoyment of everyday life.
- Deprivation of the benefits of a family relationship (loss of consortium).
- Psychological injuries, including anxiety and PTSD.
If you have suffered any of these damages because of another party’s negligence, that party should be held accountable for the trouble he or she has caused you. To make sure that this happens, contact GWC, where our tireless dedication to advocating for the rights of personal injury victims has made us one of the leading personal injury law firms in the state of Illinois. Our attorneys have recovered over $2 billion in settlements and court judgments for our clients. Although nothing can reverse what happens to them after they are involved in an accident, we are here to help our clients regain control of their lives.
Personal Injury Frequently Asked Questions
A: Many factors impact how much a personal injury case is worth, including legal merit, insurance, medical expenses, wage loss, and permanency of injuries.
A: If you get injured because of somebody else’s negligence, there are a number of important steps you need to take in order to file a personal injury claim.
A: You may not have to go to court for your personal injury case, but it is crucial that you hire a knowledgeable attorney who can represent you at trial if you do.
A: You need to receive medical treatment as soon as possible after an accident in order to obtain the evidence necessary for a valid personal injury case.
A: Non-economic damages like pain and suffering may be taken into consideration when calculating the value of a personal injury case in Illinois.
A: If you have been unable to work because of your injuries, your wage loss may be taken into account when assessing the value of your personal injury case.
Do I Need a Personal Injury Lawyer?
Our attorneys will work aggressively to represent you and get the best result possible. They will gather supporting information to uphold your claim, secure expert testimony, and ensure legal documents are filed with the court in a timely manner. GWC Injury Lawyers is committed to providing every client with dedicated legal representation, offering personalized attention as we guide you step-by-step through the legal process.
Click here to get answers to frequently asked questions related to personal injury law.
You May Be Entitled to Receive Compensation for Your Personal Injury
Unfortunately, injury victims know all too well the problems that result when negligence occurs. You may have been left with expenses related to your accident and medical bills which are seemingly endless. Your injury may have forced you to take time off of work, further complicating your personal situation.
But you may be entitled to receive compensation for your personal injury. Our team of legal professionals may be able to help you recover damages for medical expenses, lost wages, and pain and suffering. If you have been made a victim of someone else’s negligence, don’t delay in seeking the compensation owed to you. Fill out a Free Case Evaluation form or call 1-312-464-1234 to get started.
Directions to our Chicago Office
We Win Cases
Settlement – An ironworker fell from a one-story roof and was rendered a partial quadriplegic.
Free Case Evaluation
Fill out the form to receive a FREE, no-obligation case evaluation.