In the wake of two recent devastating incidents, GWC stands in solidarity with laborers and echoes their call for heightened caution in construction zones. The first incident, an interstate crash in Bloomington, resulted in severe injuries to a member of Laborers’ Local 362. The second incident involves the loss of a devoted member of Laborers’>> Read More
That’s more than just a slogan. It’s the mindset that guides everything we do. After all, it is our clients who have enabled GWC to become one of the leading personal injury and workers’ compensation law firms in Illinois. Our success is the result of thousands of satisfied clients recommending us to friends, family, and fellow union members for more than forty years. Simply put, our clients are the lifeblood of our practice. Without you, we wouldn’t exist.
As a well-established, highly successful law firm, we are proud to hold a rare distinction among the many Illinois lawyers who handle personal injury and workers’ compensation cases. Smaller firms may have trouble devoting sufficient time or other resources to your case, which could lead to you getting less compensation for your injury than you truly deserve. At GWC, we can afford to devote the necessary time, money, and resources to each and every one of our clients. We can – and we will – do whatever is necessary to get you the maximum recovery in the shortest amount of time.
While most law firms handle multiple cases at a time, you have only one case – your own. It is therefore in your best interest to ensure that it does not get “placed on the back burner,” and you can rest assured that this will never happen at GWC. We have more than twenty lawyers working at our firm, so we are always available for you, and we strive to give our clients 100% satisfaction with the services we provide. And with over $2 billion recovered in verdicts and settlements, we think their satisfaction speaks for itself.<< Read More of Our Story
Our Contingency-Fee Guarantee
Very often, people are worried about the cost of hiring an attorney, a concern that is only heightened when they are injured and confronted with astronomical medical bills, all at a time when they may be unable to work.
This is not a concern at GWC. Our injury attorneys work on a contingency-fee basis. When a client retains our firm, we will cover all of the upfront costs necessary to pursue a claim and file and sustain a lawsuit, if necessary. Only when the claim or suit is successfully resolved will the client use the proceeds to pay us for expenses and attorney fees, usually in the form of a percentage of the settlement or verdict.
We don’t get paid unless you get paid, and the more you get paid, the more we get paid as a fee. It is a mutually beneficial arrangement that helps remove the initial worries and stress and incentivizes us to maximize the value of your personal injury case.
GWC’s Commitment to Labor Unions
GWC’s clients come from all professions and walks of life, but we have maintained a particularly close relationship with unions since the firm’s founding. Over the years, GWC has represented members of virtually every organized labor union in Chicago and the state of Illinois.
Labor Unions GWC Has Represented
- Amalgamated transit union
- American Federation of State, County and Municipal Employees
- American Federation of Teachers
- Chicago Teachers Union
- Bakery, Confectionery, tobacco Workers & Grain Millers International Union
- International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers
- Brotherhood of Railroad Signalmen
- International Association of Bridge, Structural, Ornamental & Reinforcing Iron Workers
- International Association of Fire Fighters
- International Association of Heat and Frost Insulators and Allied Workers
- International Brotherhood of Boilermakers, Iron Ship Builders, Blacksmiths, Forgers, and Helpers
- International Brotherhood of Teamsters
- International Union of Bricklayers and Allied Craftworkers
- International Union of Elevator Constructors
- International Union of Operating Engineers
- International Union of Painters & Allied Trades of the United States & Canada
- International Union of Police Association
- Laborers’ International Union of North America
- United Food & Commercial Workers International Union
- Service Employees International Union
- Sheet Metal Workers International Association
- Transportation Communications International Union
- United Association of Journeymen & Apprentices of the Plumbing and Pipe fitting Industry of the United States and Canada
- United Automobile, Aerospace & Agricultural Implement Workers of America International Union
- United Steel, Paper and Forestry, Rubber, Manufacturing,
- Energy, Allied Industrial & Service Workers International Union
- United Union of Roofers, Waterproofers and Allied Workers
- United Brotherhood of Carpenters & Joiners of America
- Railroad Unions
- United Transportation Union
Many of our attorneys come from families with strong union ties, so we have seen firsthand the difference they can make in workers’ lives. In turn, these unions often turn to GWC first whenever one of their members is injured because they know we get results. Organized labor has always been the bedrock of our firm, and we will continue to stand with unions as long as our doors remain open.
GWC in the Community
Our firm has been awarded many official union designations and recommendations, and we are active contributors to the community. With our success on behalf of our clients comes a responsibility to give back to those in need and to various other worthy causes. The personal injury attorneys at GWC understand and live by this concept and are regularly involved in charitable events and organizations which have nothing to do with the law. We are proud to be able to support various charitable causes and to provide an annual scholarship to ambitious students.
The Jury Verdict Reporter published its 2023 Settlements Report in the latest issue of Chicago Lawyer Magazine, highlighting those Illinois personal injury firms who procured settlements of $500,000.00 or more from August 1, 2022 to July 31, 2023. Of the 103 law firms that had settlements which qualified to make the list, GWC ranked in>> Read More
Contact GWC Injury Lawyers Today
If you or a loved one has been wrongfully injured, follow in the footsteps of our thousands of satisfied clients and turn to the dedicated attorneys at GWC Injury Lawyers.
At GWC, we have the experience, the determination, and the well-earned reputation of success necessary to get you and your family the compensation you deserve so that you can start getting your lives back on track.
To schedule a no-cost, no-obligation case evaluation with one of our knowledgeable personal injury lawyers, you may call our office at (312) 626-9708 or click here to chat with a representative at any time.
At GWC, justice starts today.