Respect. Reputation. Results.
Free Case Evaluation
Justice Starts Today™
For more than four decades, the Chicago lawyers at GWC Injury Lawyers have been fighting for the rights of personal injury victims throughout Illinois. By utilizing the knowledge and resources that we have acquired during that time, our team of Chicago lawyers can provide the experience and dedication that is needed to litigate your claim.
40+ Years of Experience $2 Billion Recovered, 22 Accomplished Lawyers
At GWC Injury Lawyers, we are dedicated to the pursuit of justice.
Our team of committed personal injury attorneys have successfully represented thousands of injured clients and their families throughout Illinois. Our track record of success has helped us garner respect from our adversaries and grow our reputation over the past forty years. As one of Illinois’ leading Personal Injury and Workers’ Compensation law firms, we are able to invest the resources needed to maximize your financial recovery.
Our Chicago construction accident attorneys know what it means to families when an injured worker is off the job.
We are the sons and daughters of working-class families. We understand and appreciate the struggles of working people – it’s part of the history of this firm. Many of us have seen parents injured at work and have lived through difficult times. That’s certainly one reason we are committed to doing whatever it takes to get our clients back on their feet after workplace injuries.
Experienced Car Accident Attorneys
Car accidents can be traumatic, especially when you have suffered serious injuries because of somebody else’s negligence. You may be in shock, you may be confused, and you may not know what to do next. You may also suddenly find yourself facing mounting medical bills, all at a time when your injuries may prevent you from working. To help guide you through this trying process, consider reaching out to an experienced car accident lawyer, like the ones you can find at GWC Injury Lawyers.
How can our personal injury attorneys help you? A knowledgeable lawyer can work to maximize the value of your claim in the face of opposition from the other party’s insurance company. This may be your first serious car accident, but it is almost certainly not the insurance company’s. An experienced insurance adjuster has likely negotiated hundreds of claims or more, many that are like yours. This puts the adjuster at an advantage, since he or she knows the ins and outs of the insurance claims process, what a claim like yours may be worth, and how little he or she can offer to make your claim go away. What may seem like a good settlement offer to you might actually be pennies on the dollar to the adjuster. In some cases, the adjuster may simply deny liability entirely, preying upon your relative ignorance of the law in the hopes that you just give up on the whole thing.
This is where our attorneys can make a difference. At GWC Injury Lawyers, we have successfully resolved thousands of car injury claims, obtaining fair compensation from the insurance companies of those responsible for our client’s injuries. Our car accident lawyers know what a claim like yours could be worth and will fight to obtain or exceed that amount – even taking it to trial if it is in the best interest of your case. And with over $2 billion recovered for our clients in verdicts and settlements over more than four decades in practice, we think GWC’s record of success speaks for itself.
Helping Illinois Truck Accident Victims
Truck accidents can be among the most destructive crashes on the road. At 40 or more times heavier than the average vehicle, the sheer size of large trucks can make even a simple “fender-bender” highly dangerous, inflicting extreme injuries. Someone who has been in a truck crash could face catastrophic medical bills, often made much worse by the loss of income than can accompany serious injury. In addition to the physical and economic devastation left in their wake, truck collisions can present some of the most challenging cases in personal injury litigation because of the number of parties who may be involved. For this reason, if you have been seriously injured in a truck accident, consider seeking out the services of an experienced attorney, like the truck accident lawyers at GWC.
Our attorneys can take on the obstacles you may face when pursuing a personal injury claim. For example, the attorneys at GWC can identify and pursue the full list of those who may be responsible for your accident, which, in a case involving a commercial transport vehicle, can be extensive. In addition to the truck’s driver and the driver’s employer, very often another company may have hired them to transport its goods, and still other companies may be involved as well. It is essential to go after all the parties who may be at fault for a truck accident in a timely fashion because failure to do so within the time limited by law could forever prevent you from obtaining the compensation you deserve.
Perhaps most importantly, a capable attorney can stand up for you against the insurance companies representing the parties responsible for a truck accident, companies that will fight you at every turn. They may try to downplay or even deny liability to reduce the amount of compensation you can receive. It is essential that you have somebody who can fight back, such as GWC’s truck accident lawyers.
With more than $2 billion recovered for our clients, GWC’s record of success speaks for itself. We have the experience, the resources, and the determination you need to help you obtain the justice you deserve.
Construction Accident Lawyers Who Protect Your Rights
Construction sites may seem commonplace or even practically invisible to Chicago residents, but make no mistake: they can be hazardous to workers and pedestrians alike. Even with strict OSHA regulations and construction safety guidelines, skilled workers remain at risk because of inherently dangerous conditions and construction companies who cut corners on jobsite safety in order to save money at the expense of their employees’ well-being. Construction sites offer multiple opportunities for serious harm, including defective machinery, electrocution, ladder and scaffold malfunctions, and crane accidents. Falling objects also endanger both workers and innocent pedestrians. The injuries that can result can be financially devastating, since victims often face huge medical bills at the same time that they are physically unable to return to work. For this reason, if you have been injured in a construction accident, whether as a worker or as someone simply passing by a jobsite, you could benefit from retaining an experienced personal injury attorney to work for you, like the construction accident lawyers at GWC Injury Lawyers.
Construction accidents present some of the most legally and factually complex matters in personal injury law. To achieve a successful outcome, a claim demands comprehensive knowledge not only of the relevant laws and regulations but also of the industry and its operations. At GWC, you can find an attorney who excels on all of these fronts. In fact, GWC is often called the construction injury law firm, with building trades unions and organizations frequently turning to the construction accident lawyers at GWC when a member has been injured.
No other personal injury law firm is better respected by its adversaries than GWC Injury Lawyers, which has successfully represented injured construction trade workers and pedestrians since 1977. Our peerless reputation in the construction industry and the more than $2 billion in verdicts and settlements recovered for our clients have made GWC one of the premier construction accident law firms in Illinois.
Workers’ Compensation Lawyers Who Make a Difference
If you have been hurt while performing the duties of your job in Illinois, you could be legally entitled to benefits under the state’s workers’ compensation system. These workers’ compensation benefits may include reasonable and necessary medical treatment, weekly payments in the event that your doctor has stated that you are unable to work, a possible settlement for the permanency of a work injury, if applicable, and potentially other benefits as well. However, to ensure that you receive these benefits in a timely fashion, or to maximize the value of any eventual settlement, it is important to have an experienced lawyer who can guide you through the process, like the Illinois workers’ compensation attorneys at GWC Injury Lawyers.
In addition to your rights, you have legal obligations under the Illinois workers’ compensation system. Failure to fulfill those obligations could delay or even forever bar you from obtaining the benefits to which you might otherwise have been entitled. This is where GWC’s knowledgeable workers’ compensation attorneys can help. For over forty years, we have been aggressively defending the rights of hardworking Illinois residents who have been injured on the job. GWC can mean the difference between inadequate compensation and the maximum possible compensation for a work-related injury.
It does not matter where you are with your workers’ compensation claim. You may have just suffered an on-the-job injury. You may have already had a claim denied. Even if you only suspect that your pain or illness is from a workplace accident, a repetitive motion injury, or exposure to dangerous materials, contact the Chicago workers’ compensation lawyers at GWC, who can conduct a free case evaluation of your work injury and advise you of the best course of action.
- Four Companies Close to Opioid Settlement Four companies, including the nation’s three biggest drug distributors and Johnson & Johnson, are on the verge of reaching an opioid settlement worth $26 billion. Details of Opioid Settlement Pending Lawyers for local governments across the United States announced the pending opioid settlement on July 20, 2021. The settling parties include drug manufacturer Johnson & […]
- Workers’ Compensation Retaliation Claim Settled A federal court has approved a workers’ compensation retaliation settlement for a former truck driver at a Northbrook waste management company. $95,000.00 in Lost Wages Ordered On July 6, 2021, U.S. District Court Judge Manish S. Shah of the Northern District of Illinois entered a consent judgment and order directing Advanced Disposal Services Solid Waste […]
- Duck Boat Accident Yields Felony Charges Three people have been charged for their role in a duck boat accident that killed seventeen people near Branson, MO in 2018. Captain, Two Employees Charged On July 16, 2021, a prosecutor charged a captain and two other employees over seventeen deaths in a duck boat accident on July 19, 2018. The duck boat sank […]
- Batavia Legionnaires’ Disease Lawsuit Filed A Batavia Legionnaires’ disease lawsuit has been filed by a Geneva man who claims he contracted the potentially deadly illness from a senior living facility. Fourteen Sickened in Outbreak Personal injury attorneys representing 70-year-old Geneva resident Terry Irvin filed the Batavia Legionnaires’ disease lawsuit in Kane County on June 14, 2021. The defendant is Covenant […]
- GWC’s June 2021 Settlements Top $3.8 Million GWC Injury Lawyers LLC congratulates its hardworking attorneys and staff for obtaining settlements topping $3.8 million during the month of June. 36 Settlements in June 2021 GWC successfully resolved 36 cases in June 2021, including nearly $2 million for third-party injury lawsuits and more than $1.7 million for workers’ compensation claims. Some of the noteworthy […]
- Traffic Deaths Increased During Pandemic A government study shows that traffic deaths in the United States increased in 2020, even though Americans drove less because of the pandemic. Over 38,000 Traffic Deaths According to a report issued by the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) on June 3, 2021, there were an estimated 38,680 traffic deaths in the United States […]