Respect. Reputation. Results.
Free Case Evaluation
Justice Starts Today™
For more than four decades, the Chicago lawyers at GWC Injury Lawyers have been fighting for the rights of personal injury victims throughout Illinois. By utilizing the knowledge and resources that we have acquired during that time, our team of Chicago lawyers can provide the experience and dedication that is needed to litigate your claim.
40+ Years of Experience $2 Billion Recovered, 21 Accomplished Lawyers
At GWC Injury Lawyers, we are dedicated to the pursuit of justice.
Our team of committed personal injury attorneys have successfully represented thousands of injured clients and their families throughout Illinois. Our track record of success has helped us garner respect from our adversaries and grow our reputation over the past forty years. As one of Illinois’ leading Personal Injury and Workers’ Compensation law firms, we are able to invest the resources needed to maximize your financial recovery.
Our Chicago construction accident attorneys know what it means to families when an injured worker is off the job.
We are the sons and daughters of working-class families. We understand and appreciate the struggles of working people – it’s part of the history of this firm. Many of us have seen parents injured at work and have lived through difficult times. That’s certainly one reason we are committed to doing whatever it takes to get our clients back on their feet after workplace injuries.
Experienced Car Accident Attorneys
Car accidents can be traumatic, especially when you have suffered serious injuries because of somebody else’s negligence. You may be in shock, you may be confused, and you may not know what to do next. You may also suddenly find yourself facing mounting medical bills, all at a time when your injuries may prevent you from working. To help guide you through this trying process, consider reaching out to an experienced car accident lawyer, like the ones you can find at GWC Injury Lawyers.
How can our personal injury attorneys help you? A knowledgeable lawyer can work to maximize the value of your claim in the face of opposition from the other party’s insurance company. This may be your first serious car accident, but it is almost certainly not the insurance company’s. An experienced insurance adjuster has likely negotiated hundreds of claims or more, many that are like yours. This puts the adjuster at an advantage, since he or she knows the ins and outs of the insurance claims process, what a claim like yours may be worth, and how little he or she can offer to make your claim go away. What may seem like a good settlement offer to you might actually be pennies on the dollar to the adjuster. In some cases, the adjuster may simply deny liability entirely, preying upon your relative ignorance of the law in the hopes that you just give up on the whole thing.
This is where our attorneys can make a difference. At GWC Injury Lawyers, we have successfully resolved thousands of car injury claims, obtaining fair compensation from the insurance companies of those responsible for our client’s injuries. Our car accident lawyers know what a claim like yours could be worth and will fight to obtain or exceed that amount – even taking it to trial if it is in the best interest of your case. And with over $2 billion recovered for our clients in verdicts and settlements over more than four decades in practice, we think GWC’s record of success speaks for itself.
Helping Illinois Truck Accident Victims
Truck accidents can be among the most destructive crashes on the road. At 40 or more times heavier than the average vehicle, the sheer size of large trucks can make even a simple “fender-bender” highly dangerous, inflicting extreme injuries. Someone who has been in a truck crash could face catastrophic medical bills, often made much worse by the loss of income than can accompany serious injury. In addition to the physical and economic devastation left in their wake, truck collisions can present some of the most challenging cases in personal injury litigation because of the number of parties who may be involved. For this reason, if you have been seriously injured in a truck accident, consider seeking out the services of an experienced attorney, like the truck accident lawyers at GWC.
Our attorneys can take on the obstacles you may face when pursuing a personal injury claim. For example, the attorneys at GWC can identify and pursue the full list of those who may be responsible for your accident, which, in a case involving a commercial transport vehicle, can be extensive. In addition to the truck’s driver and the driver’s employer, very often another company may have hired them to transport its goods, and still other companies may be involved as well. It is essential to go after all the parties who may be at fault for a truck accident in a timely fashion because failure to do so within the time limited by law could forever prevent you from obtaining the compensation you deserve.
Perhaps most importantly, a capable attorney can stand up for you against the insurance companies representing the parties responsible for a truck accident, companies that will fight you at every turn. They may try to downplay or even deny liability to reduce the amount of compensation you can receive. It is essential that you have somebody who can fight back, such as GWC’s truck accident lawyers.
With more than $2 billion recovered for our clients, GWC’s record of success speaks for itself. We have the experience, the resources, and the determination you need to help you obtain the justice you deserve.
Construction Accident Lawyers Who Protect Your Rights
Construction sites may seem commonplace or even practically invisible to Chicago residents, but make no mistake: they can be hazardous to workers and pedestrians alike. Even with strict OSHA regulations and construction safety guidelines, skilled workers remain at risk because of inherently dangerous conditions and construction companies who cut corners on jobsite safety in order to save money at the expense of their employees’ well-being. Construction sites offer multiple opportunities for serious harm, including defective machinery, electrocution, ladder and scaffold malfunctions, and crane accidents. Falling objects also endanger both workers and innocent pedestrians. The injuries that can result can be financially devastating, since victims often face huge medical bills at the same time that they are physically unable to return to work. For this reason, if you have been injured in a construction accident, whether as a worker or as someone simply passing by a jobsite, you could benefit from retaining an experienced personal injury attorney to work for you, like the construction accident lawyers at GWC Injury Lawyers.
Construction accidents present some of the most legally and factually complex matters in personal injury law. To achieve a successful outcome, a claim demands comprehensive knowledge not only of the relevant laws and regulations but also of the industry and its operations. At GWC, you can find an attorney who excels on all of these fronts. In fact, GWC is often called the construction injury law firm, with building trades unions and organizations frequently turning to the construction accident lawyers at GWC when a member has been injured.
No other personal injury law firm is better respected by its adversaries than GWC Injury Lawyers, which has successfully represented injured construction trade workers and pedestrians since 1977. Our peerless reputation in the construction industry and the more than $2 billion in verdicts and settlements recovered for our clients have made GWC one of the premier construction accident law firms in Illinois.
Workers’ Compensation Lawyers Who Make a Difference
If you have been hurt while performing the duties of your job in Illinois, you could be legally entitled to benefits under the state’s workers’ compensation system. These workers’ compensation benefits may include reasonable and necessary medical treatment, weekly payments in the event that your doctor has stated that you are unable to work, a possible settlement for the permanency of a work injury, if applicable, and potentially other benefits as well. However, to ensure that you receive these benefits in a timely fashion, or to maximize the value of any eventual settlement, it is important to have an experienced lawyer who can guide you through the process, like the Illinois workers’ compensation attorneys at GWC Injury Lawyers.
In addition to your rights, you have legal obligations under the Illinois workers’ compensation system. Failure to fulfill those obligations could delay or even forever bar you from obtaining the benefits to which you might otherwise have been entitled. This is where GWC’s knowledgeable workers’ compensation attorneys can help. For over forty years, we have been aggressively defending the rights of hardworking Illinois residents who have been injured on the job. GWC can mean the difference between inadequate compensation and the maximum possible compensation for a work-related injury.
It does not matter where you are with your workers’ compensation claim. You may have just suffered an on-the-job injury. You may have already had a claim denied. Even if you only suspect that your pain or illness is from a workplace accident, a repetitive motion injury, or exposure to dangerous materials, contact the Chicago workers’ compensation lawyers at GWC, who can conduct a free case evaluation of your work injury and advise you of the best course of action.
- GWC Obtains $4,990,000 Million Settlement for Union Elevator Mechanic GWC Injury Lawyer’s attorneys Michael D. Fisher, Lawrence J. Amato, and Autumn K. Leslie obtained a $4,420,000 million settlement, which includes an additional $570,000 waiver of the workers’ compensation lien, for an elevator union client who suffered an injured shoulder and spine in a construction accident on a commercial building project. General Contractor Negligence Results […]
- GWC Injury Lawyers Obtained More Than $19 Million in June 2022 GWC Injury Lawyers LLC obtained more than $19 million in verdicts and settlements for its clients in June 2022. 44 Cases Resolved in June GWC successfully resolved 44 cases in the month of June, with over $17.5 million secured for third-party personal injury lawsuits and […]
- GWC Obtains $359,240.32 Workers’ Compensation Settlement for Union Waste Hauler GWC attorney Raul V. Rodriguez obtained a $359,240.32 workers’ compensation settlement for a union waste hauler, more than doubling the insurance company’s offer. Permanent Restrictions from Work Injury GWC’s 34-year-old client was a proud member of Teamsters Local 731. In 2019, he was pushing a large dumpster when he felt a sharp pain in his […]
- GWC Obtains $561,007.00 Workers’ Compensation Settlement for Broken Bone in Trucker’s Foot GWC attorney Cassandra R. Shashaty has obtained a workers’ compensation settlement worth $561,007.00 for an injured truck driver. Injury Prevents Trucker from Returning to Work GWC’s client was a 48-year-old truck driver working for a heavy equipment rental company. In April 2018, he was delivering a load of metal pipes to a job site in […]
- GWC Obtains Full Policy Limits of $8 Million for Family of Union Tuckpointer GWC Partners Louis C. Cairo, Michael D. Fisher, and Louis Anthony Cairo have obtained an $8 million settlement for the family of a union tuckpointer who was fatally injured in an unwitnessed lift tipover accident. Tipover Paralyzes Tuckpointer In June 2016, GWC’s union tuckpointer client was employed on a construction project at a high school […]
- Amazon Warehouse Collapse Probe May Be Impeded Members of the United States House of Representatives have accused Amazon of impeding an ongoing warehouse collapse probe. Six Killed in Illinois On June 2, 2022, the House Committee on Oversight and Reform sent a letter to Amazon CEO Andy Jassy alleging that the company failed to produce materials requested as part of an investigation […]