Can I Claim Wage Loss in a Personal Injury Case?

If you have been injured because of someone else’s negligence, you might be thinking about pursuing a personal injury claim. You may have incurred a number of out-of-pocket expenses since the accident, including medical bills, but you may also have been unable to work because of the injuries you sustained. When this happens, can you claim wage loss in your personal injury case?

The answer is yes. Illinois law allows personal injury plaintiffs to pursue compensation for a variety of damages they have incurred, including lost earnings. If your accidental injuries prevent you from working, your wage loss may be taken into account when assessing the final value of your personal injury case.

Getting Fully Compensated for Wage Loss

But no matter what the law dictates, getting fully compensated for wage loss can prove difficult. A written note from a doctor ordering you off work because of your injuries can be useful. Even with a prescription, however, the responsible party’s insurance company may still demand extensive documentation about your income and continue to call into doubt your inability to perform the duties of your job.

In the face of such opposition, it often helps to have a skilled injury attorney on your side who can compellingly present the totality of your damages – including your lost wages. For this reason, consider doing what so many others in your situation have done before you and retain the personal injury attorneys at GWC Injury Lawyers LLC.

With over $2 billion recovered in verdicts and settlements, GWC is one of the leading Personal Injury and Workers’ Compensation law firms in Illinois. No other plaintiff firm in the state is more respected – or more feared – by its adversaries, both inside and outside of the courtroom. Our personal injury attorneys have the experience, the determination, the resources, and the reputation you need to get you and your family the justice you deserve.

Contact GWC today to schedule a no-cost, no-obligation case evaluation with a dedicated personal injury attorney. You may call our office at (312) 464-1234 or click here to chat with a representative at any time.