People who have been wrongfully injured in a car accident in Illinois often consider pursuing a personal injury case to obtain financial compensation. In these situations, they may wonder, “How much is my car accident case worth?”
The truth is that every car accident case is different. There is no way to know at the outset how much a potential settlement might be, or if the case will settle at all.
The value of a car accident case depends on a number of factors, including:
- Legal Merit – Do the facts of the case support a claim of liability against the Defendant?
- Insurance Coverage – The maximum amount available for you to recover for your injuries may be capped by the limits of the at-fault party’s insurance policy.
- Medical Bills – Claims with higher medical bills may have greater value, assuming that the treatment was reasonable and necessary.
- Lost Wages – When your injuries prevent you from going to your job, your lost wages could potentially be reflected in your settlement if you were medically ordered off of work by a doctor.
- Permanency of Injuries – Injuries that will continue to affect the quality of your life may increase the value of a case more than temporary injuries from which you have totally recovered.
The full worth of your car accident case can only be determined by taking all of the above factors into account. Ultimately, it is a Before-and-After question: How was your quality of life and level of well-being before the car accident, and how was it after? To know this, you first have to complete your treatment or reach maximum medical improvement.
So don’t trust attorneys who promise you a specific dollar amount up front, don’t go by what other people tell you, and don’t believe everything you read online. How much your car accident case is worth depends upon the specific facts and circumstances of your case, and every case is different.
Maximizing the Value of a Car Accident Case
While every car accident case may be different, obtaining full and fair compensation depends upon how compellingly you present your damages to an insurance company, a defense attorney, or a jury. Only by conveying the full extent of your losses can you hope to maximize the value of your car accident case.
For this reason, it is important to have a knowledgeable attorney to help guide your claim towards the best possible outcome every step of the way, such as the car accident attorneys at GWC Injury Lawyers LLC.
GWC is one of the premier Personal Injury and Workers’ Compensation law firms in Illinois, with more than $2 billion recovered in verdicts and settlements. We have a proven record of success with nearly every type of car accident case.
Contact GWC today to schedule a free, no-obligation consultation with one of our car accident attorneys. You may call our office at (312) 464-1234 or click here to chat with a representative at any time.<< BACK TO BLOG POSTS