GWC Injury Lawyers LLC successfully obtained over $3 million in settlements on behalf of its clients in July 2021.
July 2021 Sees 48 Settlements
In all, GWC settled 48 cases in the month of July, including more than $2.2 million for workers’ compensation claims and nearly $800,000.00 for third-party personal injury cases. Some of the most notable settlements included:
- $341,000.00 for a union forklift operator who underwent multiple surgeries to treat a right-foot crush injury he sustained in a collision with another forklift in a grocery store warehouse.
- A $275,000.00 settlement for a painter who injured his lower back and suffered corresponding disc pathology when he fell from a ladder.
- A settlement of $250,000.00 for a union laborer who needed a lumbosacral fusion after she fractured her lower vertebrate when she was thrown from the back of a work truck.
- $222,620.17 for a union welder who sustained various injuries in a railroad work site explosion, including laceration of the liver, a collapsed lung, multiple rib fractures, and a lumbar hernia, necessitating emergent surgery.
- A $220,000.00 settlement for a union electrician who tore his left rotator cuff while trying to prevent a wall from toppling over.
- $200,000.00 for a nursing home resident who received non-surgical treatment after staff members fractured both of her arms while transferring her out of bed.
GWC also achieved significant results for injured clients working in a number of other professions, including roofing, waste management, public transit, the energy sector, staffing, landscaping, telecommunications, and retail.
Fighting for the Wrongfully Injured of Illinois
With over $2 billion recovered in settlements and verdicts, GWC Injury Lawyers LLC is one of the premier personal injury and workers’ compensation law firms in Illinois.
For more than four decades, GWC has dedicated itself to fighting for clients who have been wrongfully injured under nearly every type of circumstance, whether because of a car or truck accident, workplace or construction negligence, medical malpractice, nursing home abuse, an animal attack, poorly maintained premises, or a defective product. Our firm’s longstanding record of success commands the respect of defense attorneys and insurance companies throughout the state.
GWC’s attorneys have received most of the major awards and distinctions available to legal practitioners in Illinois, including “Top Lawyers” from the Leading Lawyers Network, “Super Lawyers” and “Rising Stars” from Chicago Magazine, and “Top 100 Trial Lawyers” from the National Trial Lawyers. The firm has also been honored with designations from the state’s largest unions in recognition of our work on behalf of their members.
So make no mistake: If you find yourself the innocent victim of someone else’s negligence, GWC has the experience, the determination, the resources, and the reputation necessary to get you and your family the justice you deserve.
To schedule a free, no-obligation case evaluation with one of GWC’s knowledgeable personal injury or workers’ compensation attorneys, please call us at (312) 464-1234 or click here to chat with a representative.<< BACK TO BLOG POSTS