A new year is upon us, and that means it is time to start thinking about resolutions. While most resolutions involve eating healthier and exercising more, one resolution everyone should have on their list this year is to drive safer, especially during the winter months.
Eight people were seriously injured in a car accident at 5:30 a.m. On Monday, February 3, 2014, in the Logan Square neighborhood, according to police. The accident involved two sedans that collided with each other, with at least one of them crashing into a building.
The crash prompted a total of seven ambulances in order to transport all of the patients for medical care.
This is a story no one wants to be a part of. Accidents continue to happen every day, and always when people least expect them. Here are some helpful tips that can prepare you for winter driving and could possibly prevent a car accident.
- Check your lights! This will help you become visible to other drivers through rain, ice and snowy weather.
- Have your tires inspected! It is tricky enough to drive in ice and snow, and old tires can make it more difficult to drive in and can be the cause of horrible accidents.
- Have your cars battery, heater, breaks, antifreeze level, thermostat and defroster checked! You tires are only as good as your brakes. A heater helps you keep warm and your windows clear and visible. And being stuck on the side the road is a pain, and also a hazard to you and to anyone driving in winter weather.
- Try to purchase wiper blades that cut through ice and snow instead of keeping the ones you have. This will increase your visibility, because you never know when the brake lights of the car in front of you will turn on.
- And one final tip is to exchange your regular wiper fluid with some that does not freeze.
Together, with these helpful tips, we can reduce our chances of becoming another accident story in the local paper.
If you or a loved one is unfortunate enough to suffer injuries in any type of an accident, dont hesitate to call Illinois largest personal injury and workers compensation law firm: Goldberg, Weisman and Cairo. One of the lawyers on the team with Michael Goldberg, Attorney at Law will make sure to take very good care of you and get you everything that you deserve.
You can also contact GWC online by filling out our “Free Case Evaluation” form.