Whether you are touring the country or simply running everyday errands, motorcycles can be a great way to travel. Unfortunately, motorcycles also leave their riders more vulnerable than other means of transportation, leaving riders exposed to direct contact with other vehicles, obstacles, and the road itself, making them much more likely to suffer serious injuries in a collision.
These injuries can be physically and financially devastating, so it is important to work with a lawyer who has years of experience fighting to get the best possible results for the client. For this reason, many riders in the Libertyville area turn to the Libertyville motorcycle accident attorneys at GWC Injury Lawyers LLC. Our trial-tested legal team has demonstrated countless times that they can maximize settlement or verdict after a motorcycle accident.
Frequent Causes of Motorcycle Accidents
Motorcycle accidents may happen for any number of reasons. However, compensable incidents typically involve another driver’s negligent actions. Frequent causes may include:
- Exceeding a safe speed.
- Swerving in front of a motorcyclist.
- Following a cyclist too closely.
- Failure to yield the right of way.
- Making an improper left turn.
- Cutting off a cyclist at an intersection.
- Disregarding a motorcyclist who is changing or entering lanes.
- Driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs.
When Should I Hire a Motorcycle Accident Attorney?
No matter the reason for a motorcycle accident, it can still be challenging for an injured cyclist to obtain compensation. Far too frequently, the Defendants’ insurance companies will either downplay or deny liability outright in order to limit their financial exposure. The insurance companies can be even more brazen in doing so motorcyclists represent themselves. Experienced insurance adjusters count on your inexperience, your anguish, and your financial desperation to settle your claim for pennies on the dollar.
But if this is your first motorcycle accident claim, it is not the first for the motorcycle accident lawyers at GWC. We know what a claim like yours is worth because we have successfully resolved claims just like it countless times. The earlier you contact us, the earlier we can help you build a rock-solid case. We are skilled at doing everything that is necessary for your claim, such as:
- Communicating with insurance companies;
- Getting police reports;
- Obtaining evidence;
- Recording witness statements;
- Reconstructing and taking pictures of the accident scene;
- Investigating the defendant driver’s traffic history;
- Identifying any equipment defects in case of a product liability claim;
- Gathering and reviewing medical records; and
- Consulting experts.
Once GWC has assembled the right materials, we will work to obtain the maximum amount possible from the negligent party’s insurance company. We are able to do so more effectively than other law firms because the insurance companies know that, unlike so many of these other law firms, GWC is not scared to go to court if they fail to offer fair compensation, and our firm has consistently proven that it can win.
So let our Libertyville motorcycle accident attorneys do what is necessary for your claim so that you can focus on what really matters – recovering from your injuries.
Motorcycle Accident Injuries That Are Most Common
Because make no mistake: motorcycle accident injuries can be serious. Because motorcyclists have less protection than other motorists, their injuries can be life-threatening ,including the following:
- Brain damage.
- Spinal cord damage.
- Broken bones.
- Road rash.
- Loss of limbs.
What Compensation Can I Recover?
Motorcycle injuries could require extensive treatment, which can set you and your family back financially. The medical bills can seem endless, all at a time when you may not be able to work. Given the economic harm you may face, it is important for you to be fully reimbursed for all your damages, including the following:
- Past and Future Medical Expenses – Including emergency room visits, hospital visits, diagnostic tests, surgeries, physical therapy sessions, and any other treatment directly related to your accident.
- Lost Wages – Wages you would otherwise have earned if your motorcycle accident had not forced you off of work.
- Pain and Suffering – The loss of enjoyment in your daily life, such as from temporary or permanent limitations on your activity, shortening of your life expectancy, and scarring.
- Mental Anguish– Impacts to your mental and emotional well-being, including feelings of fear, anxiety, grief, and embarrassment.
- Loss of Consortium – Loved ones may also be entitled to payment for deprivation of the benefits of a family relationship because of your injuries.
GWC Can Get You the Justice You Deserve
With more than $2 billion recovered for clients in over forty years in practice, GWC Injury Lawyers LLC is one of the leading Personal Injury and Workers’ Compensation law firms in Illinois. Our reputation of success inside and outside of the courtroom always precedes, allowing GWC’s attorneys to help you and your family get the justice you deserve.
To schedule a free, no-obligation consultation with a Libertyville motorcycle accident lawyer, contact GWC today. You can call our office at (312) 464-1234 or click here to chat with a representative at any time.
Call GWC toll-free
Live Chat available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.