Have you or someone that you love been injured in a Chicago motorcycle accident?
What makes GWC Injury Lawyers unique is that we have an excellent combination of negotiation and litigation skills that make our Chicago motorcycle accident attorneys such formidable opponents. We will not back down, and our lawyers have extensive trial experience. GWC uses a comprehensive litigation strategy so that our clients have the best opportunity to get the compensation that they deserve.
Motorcycle accidents can occur for a number of reasons, though compensable incidents usually involve the negligence of another driver. Such negligent actions could include:
- Exceeding the speed limit
- Following too closely
- Swerving in front of a motorcycle
- Failure to yield the right of way
- Making improper left turns
- Cutting off a motorcycle at an intersection
- Disregarding a motorcyclist who is entering or changing lanes
- Driving under the influence of drugs or alcohol
No matter what caused a motorcycle accident, it can be difficult for injured riders to obtain compensation. The insurance companies of the at-fault parties frequently try to downplay liability or deny it outright in order to limit financial exposure, especially when motorcyclists represent themselves. Experienced insurance adjusters count on your inexperience to settle a case for pennies on the dollar.
If this is your first accident, it is certainly not the first for the motorcycle accident lawyers at GWC. We know what a case like yours is worth because we have successfully resolved cases just like it. We are skilled at doing everything necessary for your claim, including:
- Communicating with insurance companies;
- Collecting police reports;
- Obtaining evidence;
- Gathering witness statements;
- Reconstructing the accident scene;
- Investigating the responsible motorist’s driving history;
- Identifying equipment problems in case of a product liability claim;
- Reviewing medical records; and
- Consulting technical experts.
With the proper materials assembled, GWC can fight to obtain top dollar from the negligent person’s insurance company. Unlike so many of our competitors, we are not afraid to go to court if the insurer does not offer fair compensation, and we have consistently shown that we can win.
Unfortunately, motorcycle riders are at a significant disadvantage in an accident. In fact, over 75 percent of motorcycle accidents occur between a motorcycle rider and a car. This means that motorcycle riders will often receive serious and/or fatal injuries in such collisions.
Some of the most common motorcycle accident injuries include:
- Brain damage
- Spinal cord damage
- Fractured bones
- Lost limbs
- Road rash
Any compensation will depend upon your unique circumstances, though a settlement or a jury award could cover:
- Past and Future Medical Bills
- Lost Wages
- Pain and Suffering
- Mental and Emotional Anguish
- Scarring and Disfigurement
- Loss of Enjoyment of Life
- Permanent Impairment and Disability
- Loss of Consortium
GWC’s Chicago motorcycle accident attorneys can help you recover the financial compensation you deserve after a motorcycle accident.
With more than $2 billion recovered in verdicts and settlements in over forty years in the business, GWC Injury Lawyers is one of the premier Personal Injury and Workers’ Compensation law firms in Illinois. No firm is more respected by its adversaries. Our reputation of success precedes us wherever we go, which allows our attorneys to get you and your family the justice you deserve.
If you or someone you love has been seriously injured in a motorcycle accident that was caused by another motorist, we are ready to help explain your legal options and can be reached online 24/7 via our Live Chator “Free Case Evaluation” form.