While a great means of transportation, motorcycles can leave riders more exposed than other methods of transportation. Unlike drivers of cars and trucks, a motorcyclist is vulnerable to contact with other vehicles, obstacles, and the road itself. This makes them much more likely to suffer significant injuries in a traffic accident.
These injuries can be physically and financially devastating. For this reason, it is important to reach out to a lawyer who has years of experience working to get the best results possible for clients who have been in motorcycle accidents. Many injured motorcyclists in the Rockford area turn to the Rockford motorcycle accident attorneys at GWC Injury Lawyers LLC. For over four decades, our seasoned attorneys have proven that they know how to maximize motorcycle accident verdicts and settlements.
What Are Common Causes of Motorcycle Accidents?
While there are many reasons that motorcycle accidents can happen, most compensable accidents involve the negligent actions of another driver. These negligent actions may include the following:
- Driving faster than the speed limit.
- Veering in front of a motorcyclist.
- Following a motorcycle too closely.
- Cutting a cyclist off at an intersection.
- Taking an improper left-hand turn.
- Failing to yield the right of way to a motorcycle.
- Disregarding a motorcycle that is changing or entering lanes.
- Operating a vehicle under the influence of alcohol or drugs.
Why I Should Hire a Motorcycle Accident Attorney
But regardless of how a motorcycle accident happens, it can be challenging to recover compensation. Very often, the insurance company representing the person who is at fault will try to downplay that person’s negligence or even deny it outright to minimize its financial exposure. This is particularly true when injured motorcyclists represent themselves because experienced insurance adjusters count on their inexperience to settle their claims for far less than they are worth.
But if this is your first claim for a motorcycle accident, it is not the first one for the motorcycle accident lawyers at GWC. We know what a claim like yours is worth because we have been successfully resolving claims just like it for decades. Contact us as soon as possible so we can begin putting your claim together. We are highly skilled at all parts of the claims process, including:
- Communicating with insurance companies;
- Obtaining police reports;
- Assembling evidence;
- Taking statements from eyewitnesses;
- Photographing and reconstructing accident scenes;
- Researching the driving histories of the negligent parties;
- Identifying equipment defects with a motorcycle in the case of a product liability claim;
- Reviewing medical records; and
- Consulting expert witnesses.
When GWC has gathered all the necessary materials, we will not stop until we have obtained the maximum compensation from the responsible driver’s insurance company. Unlike so many of our competitors, insurance companies know that if they fail to offer us top dollar, we are not afraid to go to court, where we consistently win.
Let our Rockford motorcycle accident attorneys do the hard work on your case so that you can focus what is most important – recovering from your injuries.
Frequent Motorcycle Accident Injuries
Motorcycle accident injuries are often serious. Motorcyclists have less protection than other drivers, so motorcycle accident injuries are frequently life-threatening and could include the following:
- Brain damage.
- Spinal cord trauma.
- Bone fractures.
- Loss of limbs.
- Road rash.
What Compensation Can I Receive?
Because these sorts of injuries can require extensive treatment, they can be financially ruinous to you and your family. For this reason, it is crucial for you to be reimbursed for all your damages. GWC’s motorcycle accident lawyers in Rockford can help you recover compensation for the following:
- Past and Future Medical Expenses – Bills for emergency room visits, hospital stays, diagnostic testing, surgeries, physical therapy, and other treatment directly related to your accident.
- Wage Loss – Wages you would have been paid otherwise if a motorcycle accident had not prevented you from going to work.
- Pain and Suffering – Loss of enjoyment of your daily life, including temporary or permanent limitations on activity, reduction of life expectancy, aches, and scarring.
- Mental Distress – Damage to your psychological and emotional well-being, including post-traumatic feelings of anxiety, fear, grief, and embarrassment.
- Loss of Consortium – Deprivation of the benefits of a family relationship to your loved ones because of your injuries.
Let GWC Get You the Justice You Deserve
With more than $2 billion recovered for our clients over more than forty years in the business, GWC Injury Lawyers LLC is one of the leading Personal Injury and Workers’ Compensation law firms in Illinois. No other law firm in the state is better respected or more feared by its adversaries, and it is our reputation that allows our attorneys to get you and your family the justice you deserve.
Contact GWC today to schedule a free, no-obligation consultation with one of our Rockford motorcycle accident lawyers. Call our office at (312) 464-1234 or click here to chat with a representative at any time.
Call GWC toll-free
Live Chat available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.