DEANNA CAIRO ARTHUR is an associate attorney at GWC, where she works in the firm’s Pre-Litigation division.
After receiving a BA in Communications and an MS in Kinesiology & Sports from Eastern Illinois University, Deanna attended John Marshall Law School. Upon earning her Juris Doctorate in 2014, it was only natural that Deanna should choose to follow in the footsteps of her father, GWC Senior Partner Louis C. Cairo, and pursue a career as a practicing injury attorney working on behalf of injured people.
Having grown up surrounded by the law, Deanna has a passion for applying her legal knowledge and experience to best serve the needs of her clients, making her ideally suited to be a fierce advocate for justice.
Deanna is licensed to practice in the State of Illinois. She is an active member of the Illinois State Bar Association, the Chicago Bar Association, the Illinois Trial Lawyers Association, the Italian American Labor Council, and the Justinian Society of Lawyers.
Deanna has also been named an “Emerging Lawyer” by Leading Lawyers Magazine every year since 2018. Fewer than 2% of all attorneys licensed in each state have earned the distinction of being named an Emerging Lawyer, which is an honor reserved for those who have been identified by their peers to be among the top lawyers age 40 or younger (or for those who have practiced law for no longer than 10 years). Deanna was previously profiled in Leading Lawyers Magazine in 2015, along with her father and her brother, GWC associate Louis A. Cairo.
Below are some of the notable settlements that Deanna has obtained on behalf of her clients:
- $315,000.00 for an off-duty police officer who suffered a shoulder injury when he was struck by a reckless driver.
- $300,000.00 policy limits for a motorcyclist whose hand was injured when a motorist suddenly opened the driver’s side door in the middle of the highway, causing the motorcyclist to strike it.
- $282,410.00 for a three-year-old bitten on the lip by a family member’s dog.
- $260,000.00 policy limits and medical payments coverage for a retired union member motorcyclist whose leg was injured when a negligent driver failed to obey a stop sign.
- $250,000.00 policy limits for an individual who sustained a leg injury as a result of a motorist disregarding a red light.
- $250,000.00 policy limits for a nurse who suffered a forehead laceration when a driver failed to yield the right of way, causing a T-bone collision.
- $235,000.00 for an elderly individual whose back was injured when a motorist failed to yield the right of way while making a turn.
- $192,000.00 for a motorcyclist whose arm was injured when a driver caused a collision while failing to yield the right of way.
- $125,000.00 for a pedestrian who was struck by a motorist in a crosswalk.
- $110,000.00 for an individual injured in a rear-end collision.
- $100,000.00 policy limits for a mail carrier who was bitten on the arm by a dog.
In those rare moments when she is not busy fighting for her clients, Deanna enjoys spending time with her family, working out, snowboarding, and traveling.
- Illinois State Bar Association
- Chicago Bar Association
- Illinois Trial Lawyers Association
- Italian American Labor Council
- Justinian Society of Lawyers
- Eastern Illinois University
- John Marshall Law School
- Leading Lawyers 2015
- Emerging Lawyers 2018-2021