Mr. Fisher is a partner at the law offices of Goldberg, Weisman & Cairo having started his career at the firm in 1985 as a law clerk and then as an associate attorney in 1987.
He is an aggressive and sophisticated litigator who represents clients in all areas of personal injury law including construction negligence, workplace accidents, products liability, trucking accidents, automobile accidents, premises liability and wrongful death. Michael has successfully handled cases in both State and Federal Courts in Illinois, Indiana and Wisconsin.
Michael has secured over $100 million dollars in jury verdicts and settlements for his clients. Some of these include:
- $10 million dollars for a pipefitter who sustained a traumatic brain injury when he fell through a false ceiling (settlement)
- $9.3 million dollars for the family of a factory worker killed in an automobile accident (jury verdict)
- $6.4 million dollars for the family of an ironworker who was killed during the erection of a steel bridge (settlement)
- $5.13 million dollars for a laborer who sustained a traumatic brain injury and fractured shoulder when he was struck by a crane boom (settlement)
- $4.1 million dollars for an electrician who sustained a knee injury when a switch gear fell on his leg during transport (jury verdict)
- $4 million dollars for a millwright who was rendered a paraplegic when a portion of a conveyor system fell on him (settlement)
- $2.84 million dollars for a painter who fell from a scissors lift (largest personal injury jury verdict in Jo Daviess County)
Michael has been recognized by his peers for his accomplishments as a trial lawyer. He has received the Illinois Jury Verdict Reporter’s prestigious award for “Trial Lawyer Excellence”; Chicago Lawyer magazine’s “Leading Attorney in Illinois” by virtue of the number of multi-million dollar verdicts and settlements he has obtained for his clients; Illinois Leading Lawyer Network’s designation as a “Leading Lawyer” (only 5% of the State’s lawyers in any practice area are so designated); and the designation as a “Super Lawyer” by The Super Lawyers Organization.
Michael is married and has 3 great children.
- Illinois 1986
- US District Court, Northern District of Illinois, 1986
- Illinois Leading Lawyers
- Illinois Super Lawyers
- Chicago Lawyer Magazine “Leading Attorney in Illinois”
- Illinois Jury Verdict Reporter Award for Trial Lawyer Excellence
- American Association for Justice
- Illinois Trial Lawyers Association
- DePaul University College of Law J.D. 1986
- University of California at Davis B.A. 1982