LOUIS ANTHONY CAIRO is an associate attorney at GWC, where he works in the firm’s Litigation department.
Louis Anthony graduated from Eastern Illinois University, where he played Division 1 football and received a degree in Corporate Communications and Business Marketing. His experience as a college football player taught Louis Anthony invaluable lessons in life concerning dedication, team work, time management, and self-discipline. He learned early on that success requires hard work and determination. In preparation for his future legal career, Louis Anthony then attended Chicago’s John Marshall Law School, where he earned his Juris Doctorate.
As the son of Louis C. Cairo, Senior Partner at GWC, it had always been Louis Anthony’s goal to become a trial attorney, representing those who have been wronged by large corporations and insurance carriers. His passion for fighting these powerful adversaries, often against seemingly insurmountable odds, stems from Louis Anthony’s upbringing in a close-knit family, where he grew up watching his father successfully try cases on behalf of thousands of clients over the years.
Louis Anthony is licensed to practice law in the State of Illinois, where he is an active member of the Illinois State Bar Association and the Justinian Society of Lawyers.
Louis Anthony has also been named one of 2018’s “Emerging Lawyers” by Leading Lawyers Magazine. Fewer than 2% of all attorneys licensed in each state have been awarded this distinction, which is an honor reserved for those who have been identified by their peers as being among the top lawyers age 40 or younger (or for those who have practiced law for no longer than 10 years). Louis Anthony had previously been profiled in Leading Lawyers Magazine in 2015, alongside his father and his sister, GWC associate Deanna Cairo Arthur.
Below are just some of the results that Louis Anthony has obtained on behalf of his clients:
- $4,450,000.00 for an Iraqi War Veteran who struck a pothole in the City of Chicago and sustained fatal injuries. (Settlement at Trial)
- $2,900,000.00 for an 76-year-old elderly man who sustained fatal injuries after being struck in the parking lot of an establishment. (Settlement)
- $1,313,000.00 for a union painter who fell off a second-floor landing in a residential home when a 4ft section of the railing was missing. (Settlement)
- $875,000.00 for a union Nicor gas work who was hit head-on by another motor vehicle in a snowstorm sustained multiple fractures. (Settlement)
- $600,000.00 for an 84-year-old elderly man who suffered fatal injuries due to nursing home neglect. (Settlement)
- $425,000.00 for a minor who was sexually molested by another minor at a Sunday School. (Settlement at Trial)
- $418,000.00 for a farmhand who was run over by a tractor and sustained a femur fracture in Jo Daviess County. (Verdict)
- $330,484.58 for a bicyclist who was cut off by a taxi cab driver and endured 2 surgeries to repair his forearm. (Verdict)
- $315,000.00 for an elderly woman who was standing on a CTA and the bus stopped abruptly causing her to fall and fracture her hip. (Settlement)
- $300,000.00 for a woman who slipped and fell at a friend’s residence and suffered a fractured ankle with surgery. (Settlement)
- $277,500.00 for a union ironworker who injured his shoulder while on the job. (Settlement)
When he is not advocating for his clients, Louis Anthony enjoys spending time with his wife, young son, and family, working out, and participating in hunting and fishing ventures worldwide.
- Illinois State Bar Association
- Justinian Society of Lawyers
- Eastern Illinois University
- The John Marshall Law School – Chicago
- Leading Lawyers 2015
- Emerging Lawyers 2018