LOUIS ANTHONY CAIRO is a Partner at GWC, where he works in the firm’s Litigation department.
Louis Anthony graduated from Eastern Illinois University, where he played Division 1 football and received a degree in Corporate Communications and Business Marketing. His experience as a college football player taught Louis Anthony invaluable lessons in life concerning dedication, teamwork, time management, and self-discipline. He learned early on that success requires hard work and determination. In preparation for his future legal career, Louis Anthony then attended Chicago’s John Marshall Law School, where he earned his Juris Doctorate.
As the son of Louis C. Cairo, Senior Partner at GWC, it had always been Louis Anthony’s goal to become a trial attorney, representing those who have been wronged by large corporations and insurance carriers. His passion for fighting these powerful adversaries, often against seemingly insurmountable odds, stems from Louis Anthony’s upbringing in a close-knit family, where he grew up watching his father successfully try cases on behalf of thousands of clients over the years.
Louis Anthony is licensed to practice law in the State of Illinois, where he is an active member of the Illinois State Bar Association and the Justinian Society of Lawyers.
Louis Anthony has also been named an “Emerging Lawyer” by Leading Lawyers Magazine every year since 2018. Fewer than 2% of all attorneys licensed in each state have been awarded this distinction, which is an honor reserved for those who have been identified by their peers as being among the top lawyers age 40 or younger (or for those who have practiced law for no longer than 10 years). Louis Anthony had previously been profiled in Leading Lawyers Magazine in 2015, alongside his father and his sister, GWC associate Deanna Cairo Arthur.
Below are just some of the results that Louis Anthony has obtained on behalf of his clients:
- $8,000,000.00 for the family of a union tuckpointer who was fatally injured in an unwitnessed lift tipover accident. (Settlement)
- $4,795,000.00 for a forklift operator and his wife for injuries he sustained because of loading dock negligence. (Settlement)
- $4,450,000.00 for an Iraqi War Veteran who struck a pothole in the City of Chicago and sustained fatal injuries. (Settlement at Trial)
- $2,900,000.00 for a 76-year-old elderly man who sustained fatal injuries after being struck in the parking lot of an establishment. (Settlement)
- $1,900,000.00 for a 26-year-old who was killed in a devastating multi-car semi-truck collision. (Settlement)
- $1,313,000.00 for a union painter who fell off a second-floor landing in a residential home when a 4-ft section of the railing was missing. (Settlement)
- $1,250,000.00 for three brothers who were involved in a major car accident resulting in surgery and broken bones. (Settlement)
- $1,200,000.00 for a union electrician injured in a residential construction accident. (Settlement – Featured in Chicago Daily Law Bulletin)
- $1,050,000.00 for the victim of a rear-end collision in Chicago. (Settlement)
- $875,000.00 for a union Nicor gas worker who was hit head-on by another motor vehicle in a snowstorm and sustained multiple fractures. (Settlement)
- $800,000.00 for a female passenger who sustained a devastating ankle injury when a semi-truck made an improper left turn in front of her vehicle. (Settlement)
- $650,000.00 for a union operating engineer who was injured in a rear-end collision. (Settlement)
- $600,000.00 for an 84-year-old elderly man who suffered fatal injuries due to nursing home neglect. (Settlement)
- $527,689.02 for a union laborer following a trial in Lake County. (Verdict)
- $475,000.00 for a Hoffman Estates man injured in a vaping-related accident. (Settlement)
- $425,000.00 for a minor who was sexually molested by another minor at a Sunday School. (Settlement at Trial)
- $418,000.00 for a farmhand who was run over by a tractor and sustained a femur fracture in Jo Daviess County. (Verdict)
- $330,484.58 for a bicyclist who was cut off by a taxi cab driver and endured two surgeries to repair his forearm. (Verdict)
- $315,000.00 for an elderly woman who was standing on a CTA and the bus stopped abruptly causing her to fall and fracture her hip. (Settlement)
- $300,000.00 for a woman who slipped and fell at a friend’s residence and suffered a fractured ankle with surgery. (Settlement)
- $277,500.00 for a union ironworker who injured his shoulder while on the job. (Settlement)
When he is not advocating for his clients, Louis Anthony enjoys spending time with his wife, children, and family, working out, and participating in hunting and fishing ventures worldwide.
- Illinois State Bar Association
- Chicago Bar Association
- Justinian Society of Lawyers
- Eastern Illinois University
- The John Marshall Law School – Chicago
- Leading Lawyers 2015
- Emerging Lawyers 2018-2022